Annual Carbon Budget of City Council!!On Tuesday 16th July the Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee is "scheduled"* to examine the next City Council Annual Carbon Budget. MCFly is organising at pre-meeting at Friends Meeting House from 12.45pm. More details to follow * Last year's was delayed.
Latest Manchester Climate Monthly!
Follow us on Twitter
- Monthly Journal Overview June 2013 #Manchester #climate
- Cartoon: Pentagon plans for mass dissent, #pentagon, #police state, #climate change
- Event Report: North West Sustainable Business Quarterly, June 2013
- Stockport event: “Reducing Household Energy: Together We Can!” Sat 22nd June #climate #energy
- Crosspost: “Mapping Results” growing #food in #Trafford #kindling #technology #opendata #manchester
- Greater #Manchester “Strategy” #consultation #rant
- #Manchester City Council Consultation report – extra questions…. #scrutiny
- Video: #Manchester City Council finance #scrutiny committee #consultation
- academia Adaptation AGMA Aviation Biodiversity Book Review Campaign Update Climate Change Action Plan Democratic deficit education Energy Event reports Food Fun GM Climate Strategy humour inspire Interview Job Alert Manchester Airport Manchester City Council PMT print editions Something for the Weekend Transport Uncategorized Upcoming Events volunteer opportunity Weekly bulletins youtubes
Recent comments on t’blog
manchesterclimatemon… on Upcoming Event: #Manchester Ci… manchesterclimatemon… on Event Report: North West Susta… Patrick Sudlow on Event Report: North West Susta… Patrick Sudlow on Crosspost: “Mapping Resu… gpheby on Upcoming Event: #Manchester Ci…
TagsAction for Sustainable Living afsl Annual Stakeholder Conference Breathe Clean Air Group Bruntwood carbon coop carbon literacy Chorlton climate camp Communities and Neighbourhoods Oversight and Scrutiny Committee consultation cooler projects cycling Dave Bishop Didsbury Dinners Ecocities ecological modernisation Economy Scrutiny Committee Elections aren't difficult Environment Commission Friends of the Earth Green Deal John Broderick Kevin Anderson Kindling Trust Land Army Laurence Menhinick Madlab Manchester Evening News Manchester Friends of the Earth meetings MMU movement-building Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee Nigel Murphy permaculture Richard Leese Solar Panels steady-state economics steady-state manchester steady state economy Steering Group Sustainable Consumption Institute Trafford Tyndall Centre
Manchester Climate Monthly is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- 58,094 hits
Category Archives: Energy
EVENT: Reducing Household Energy: Together We Can! 10am-2pm, Saturday 22nd June 2013 Staircase House, Stockport Town Centre, SK1 1ES Do you live in Stockport borough? Would you like to reduce your household energy bills, improve energy efficiency and help the environment too? Book … Continue reading
Disclaimer: This is about the important farce that is national level politics. If you can’t be bothered beyond the M60, disregard… On Tuesday there was a vote in the mother****er of all Parliaments, the House of Commons. It was on … Continue reading
Put on by the Centre for Sustainable Energy.
Wednesday 12th June 3.30pm ‘From Here to 2050: Low-Carbon Energy System Trajectories for the UK’ by Professor Paul Ekins, Director of the UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources at University College London on (room C1, George Begg Building, Sackville Street). From … Continue reading
Elizabeth Kolbert is the author of the awesome “Field Notes from a Catastrophe”. Her article on Obama’s impending decision on allowing a tar sands pipeline to be built is short and bittersweet and essential reading. Mauna Loa is the observatory … Continue reading
Monday 20th May 2013 4pm to 6pm University Place Lecture Theatre A (3.102) The question for panellists is: “The UK government should increase support for bioenergy. Discuss …” Bioenergy is set to play a major role in meeting the UK’s … Continue reading
FRIGHTENING PROSPECT OF HARMFUL AIR POLLUTION Today’s announcement, that the Barton Renewable Energy Plant is to go ahead, is a devastating blow to the people of Trafford, Salford and Manchester. The historic and unprecedented level of local opposition, including from … Continue reading
University of #Manchester on BP money: “Social responsibility one of the 3 core goals for the University” #climate #monbiot
On Tuesday political commentator George Monbiot mentioned the University of Manchester in an article about fossil fuel companies sponsoring energy research at Universities. He wrote out that “in 1998, the vice-chancellors of the UK’s universities decided that they would no … Continue reading
George Monbiot nails it (again). We are not serious – as a species – about getting out of this mess. We keep thinking “something will turn up.” While we wait, we keep digging…