Annual Carbon Budget of City Council!!On Tuesday 16th July the Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee is "scheduled"* to examine the next City Council Annual Carbon Budget. MCFly is organising at pre-meeting at Friends Meeting House from 12.45pm. More details to follow * Last year's was delayed.
Latest Manchester Climate Monthly!
Follow us on Twitter
- Monthly Journal Overview June 2013 #Manchester #climate
- Cartoon: Pentagon plans for mass dissent, #pentagon, #police state, #climate change
- Event Report: North West Sustainable Business Quarterly, June 2013
- Stockport event: “Reducing Household Energy: Together We Can!” Sat 22nd June #climate #energy
- Crosspost: “Mapping Results” growing #food in #Trafford #kindling #technology #opendata #manchester
- Greater #Manchester “Strategy” #consultation #rant
- #Manchester City Council Consultation report – extra questions…. #scrutiny
- Video: #Manchester City Council finance #scrutiny committee #consultation
- academia Adaptation AGMA Aviation Biodiversity Book Review Campaign Update Climate Change Action Plan Democratic deficit education Energy Event reports Food Fun GM Climate Strategy humour inspire Interview Job Alert Manchester Airport Manchester City Council PMT print editions Something for the Weekend Transport Uncategorized Upcoming Events volunteer opportunity Weekly bulletins youtubes
Recent comments on t’blog
manchesterclimatemon… on Upcoming Event: #Manchester Ci… manchesterclimatemon… on Event Report: North West Susta… Patrick Sudlow on Event Report: North West Susta… Patrick Sudlow on Crosspost: “Mapping Resu… gpheby on Upcoming Event: #Manchester Ci…
TagsAction for Sustainable Living afsl Annual Stakeholder Conference Breathe Clean Air Group Bruntwood carbon coop carbon literacy Chorlton climate camp Communities and Neighbourhoods Oversight and Scrutiny Committee consultation cooler projects cycling Dave Bishop Didsbury Dinners Ecocities ecological modernisation Economy Scrutiny Committee Elections aren't difficult Environment Commission Friends of the Earth Green Deal John Broderick Kevin Anderson Kindling Trust Land Army Laurence Menhinick Madlab Manchester Evening News Manchester Friends of the Earth meetings MMU movement-building Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee Nigel Murphy permaculture Richard Leese Solar Panels steady-state economics steady-state manchester steady state economy Steering Group Sustainable Consumption Institute Trafford Tyndall Centre
Manchester Climate Monthly is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- 58,074 hits
Category Archives: humour
From MCFly cartoonist Marc Roberts… Realising the enormous inevitable strains that will be imposed upon the US by Climate Change, the Pentagon braces itself … Continue reading
The top political distraction in Manchester could be shut down in a new cuts crisis. Manchester City Council may close under plans being considered by the National Coalition Government. The Albert Square archive , known for the extreme age of … Continue reading
This cartoon puts the pending ecological debacle in context, doesn’t it?
MCFly co-editors in “Applying For Steering Group Chair role” shocker #Manchester #climate #acretinfuture
Sadly, the role of chair of the Stakeholder Steering Group has become vacant. We have decided to apply for it. There’s no money, it’s for the honour of the role (and the shoulder-rubbing-with-the-great-and-the-good). We have asked, repeatedly, who will be … Continue reading
#Manchester EveNews #climate reporting #virgin on ridiculous. Same story, consecutive days #pressrelease #churnalism
All the way back in 2006 Manchester Evening News thundered in an editorial that “Going green must be our top priority.” Their main contribution appears to be recycling. Sadly, that effort is the recycling of … press releases. Ahead of … Continue reading
Hat-tip to “We Are All Wotan.“ The alphaville blog is here. UPDATE 28.3.2013 – And as if by magic, the Sustainable Consumption Institute newsletter comes out today, with this – The impact of the financial–economic crisis on sustainability transitions: Financial … Continue reading
We here at MCFly will be submitting our CV (asking for job-share). Why not have a bash at it yourselves… Could you Chair Our Certain Future? The Steering Group for Manchester: A Certain Future is a group of voluntary stakeholders … Continue reading
This, from the Manchester Evening News of Weds 20th March, speaks for itself. And here is the press release they got it from.
Polar Bear Facepalm: Climate change off the curriculum, or “Species sticks fingers in ears, says LA-LA-LA”
The quote comes from the start of this article on the Guardian website. Hat-tip to Manchester Friends of the Earth‘s weekly digest. You can (and should!) subscribe for free here.
IMF boss Christine Lagarde was at Davos for the World Economic Forum this year. In a q and a session she was asked about climate change implications. She said…