Date for Your Diary: Weds 22nd MayProfessor Kevin Anderson of the Tyndall Centre will be talking to the Economy Scrutiny Committee of Manchester City Council about climate change, steady state economics and so on. This is a crucial opportunity for you to see (and help!) democracy in action. Ish. The meeting is at 10am, at Manchester Town Hall. You do NOT need to book a ticket, be a Manchester rate payer or anything like that! More details to follow...
Latest Manchester Climate Monthly!
Follow us on Twitter
- #Manchester City Council: A rather good rubbish meeting #Neighbourhoodsscrutiny #mcc
- #Manchester City Council #scrutiny; not just #climate change #scrutinyweek
- #Manchester #climate nuggets 20th May 2013
- Upcoming Event: Bioenergy debate in #Manchester Mon 20th May #tyndall
- Video: Didsbury Food Trail 2012 – Barlow Moor Road community garden.
- Book Review: Beacons – Stories for our not so distant future
- #Trafford Breathe Clean Air Group on the Barton Renewable Plant go-ahead #pressrelease
- Interview with John Broderick, Tyndall Research Fellow #shale #gdp #activists and #academics
- academia Adaptation AGMA Aviation Biodiversity Book Review Campaign Update Climate Change Action Plan Democratic deficit education Energy Event reports Food Fun GM Climate Strategy humour inspire Interview Job Alert Manchester Airport Manchester City Council PMT print editions Something for the Weekend Transport Uncategorized Upcoming Events volunteer opportunity Weekly bulletins youtubes
Recent comments on t’blog
TagsAction for Sustainable Living afsl Annual Stakeholder Conference Breathe Clean Air Group Bruntwood carbon coop carbon literacy Chorlton Communities and Neighbourhoods Oversight and Scrutiny Committee cooler projects cycling Dave Bishop Didsbury Dinners Ecocities ecological modernisation Economy Scrutiny Committee Elections aren't difficult Emerge Environment Commission Green Deal John Broderick Kevin Anderson Kindling Trust Land Army Laurence Menhinick Madlab manchester city council Manchester Evening News Manchester Friends of the Earth meetings MMU movement-building Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee Nigel Murphy permaculture Richard Leese Solar Panels steady-state economics steady-state manchester steady state economy Steering Group Sustainable Consumption Institute Trafford Tyndall Centre whitworth art gallery
Manchester Climate Monthly is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- 55,363 hits
Tag Archives: Chorlton
If you’re looking for a fun night of wry smiles and occasional belly laughs, then your search is over; Chorlton Players have put together a highly enjoyable “Home Grown Hotpot” of comedy sketches about techno-mugging, cross-species swinging and electric tooth-brushes … Continue reading
Arwa Aburawa, co-editor of Manchester Climate Monthly, on the long long wait for ward level plans for Manchester. It’s been almost two months since the wards plans for Machester were supposed to be approved by Manchester City Council. And we … Continue reading
Small pots of money from Manchester City Council’s budget were dished out last Thursday night at a “U Decide” event in the impoverished and downtrodden ward of Chorlton. (See our earlier story.) MCFly was not there, but we are reliably … Continue reading
Chorlton residents are being invited along to a ‘U Decide’ event this Thursday to help allocate £7,500 of council funding to local community projects. At the event, which takes place Thursday 17th November, community groups will present their proposals to … Continue reading