Annual Carbon Budget of City Council!!On Tuesday 16th July the Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee is "scheduled"* to examine the next City Council Annual Carbon Budget. MCFly is organising at pre-meeting at Friends Meeting House from 12.45pm. More details to follow * Last year's was delayed.
Latest Manchester Climate Monthly!
Follow us on Twitter
- Monthly Journal Overview June 2013 #Manchester #climate
- Cartoon: Pentagon plans for mass dissent, #pentagon, #police state, #climate change
- Event Report: North West Sustainable Business Quarterly, June 2013
- Stockport event: “Reducing Household Energy: Together We Can!” Sat 22nd June #climate #energy
- Crosspost: “Mapping Results” growing #food in #Trafford #kindling #technology #opendata #manchester
- Greater #Manchester “Strategy” #consultation #rant
- #Manchester City Council Consultation report – extra questions…. #scrutiny
- Video: #Manchester City Council finance #scrutiny committee #consultation
- academia Adaptation AGMA Aviation Biodiversity Book Review Campaign Update Climate Change Action Plan Democratic deficit education Energy Event reports Food Fun GM Climate Strategy humour inspire Interview Job Alert Manchester Airport Manchester City Council PMT print editions Something for the Weekend Transport Uncategorized Upcoming Events volunteer opportunity Weekly bulletins youtubes
Recent comments on t’blog
manchesterclimatemon… on Upcoming Event: #Manchester Ci… manchesterclimatemon… on Event Report: North West Susta… Patrick Sudlow on Event Report: North West Susta… Patrick Sudlow on Crosspost: “Mapping Resu… gpheby on Upcoming Event: #Manchester Ci…
TagsAction for Sustainable Living afsl Annual Stakeholder Conference Breathe Clean Air Group Bruntwood carbon coop carbon literacy Chorlton climate camp Communities and Neighbourhoods Oversight and Scrutiny Committee consultation cooler projects cycling Dave Bishop Didsbury Dinners Ecocities ecological modernisation Economy Scrutiny Committee Elections aren't difficult Environment Commission Friends of the Earth Green Deal John Broderick Kevin Anderson Kindling Trust Land Army Laurence Menhinick Madlab Manchester Evening News Manchester Friends of the Earth meetings MMU movement-building Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee Nigel Murphy permaculture Richard Leese Solar Panels steady-state economics steady-state manchester steady state economy Steering Group Sustainable Consumption Institute Trafford Tyndall Centre
Manchester Climate Monthly is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- 58,097 hits
Tag Archives: MMU
You heard it here first. Unless you read the Guardian, in which maybe you heard it here second, or third… Manchester Metropolitan University has come first, (up from 10th place last year), in the “Green League” organised by the campaigning … Continue reading
UPDATE: Campaigners are asking you to “LOBBY Ian Parker’s disciplinary hearing – Wednesday 7th November, 08.30am, ORMOND BUILDING. (Please check www.asylumonline.net/ian on the day – last time management changed the venue at a few hours’ notice).” The Manchester Evening News published … Continue reading
Manchester Metropolitan University has moved up 7 places in a “Green Universities” League Table” released today. The Green League Table, run by People and Planet, “the largest student network in Britain campaigning to end world poverty, defend human rights and … Continue reading
MCFly co-editor Arwa Aburawa interviews Mary Heaney, Director of Services at Manchester Metropolitan University, whose responsibilities include the environmental sustainability agenda Besides saving money, what are the reasons MMU is taking green action? Money isn’t actually the top priority for … Continue reading
Over a hundred people gathered in a building that isn’t even officially open yet to celebrate their actions on climate and environment in the last year. The event was the Green Impact Awards 2012 of Manchester Metropolitan University, where 67 … Continue reading
Laurence Menhinick learns how to conduct a green audit, and finds that virtue is its own reward. Having read about volunteering to audit Manchester Metropolitan Uni, I decided to take the (free) training offered by the Green Impact team last … Continue reading