On Wednesday May 22nd, the Economy Scrutiny Committee of Manchester City Council will hear from climate expert Professor Kevin Anderson of the Tyndall Centre, as well as from local campaigners advocating for a steady state economy.
The meeting takes place at Manchester Town Hall, Albert Square. It is free to attend, with no need to book. It starts promptly at 10am, in Committee Room 11 (ask at the reception desk – it’s on the ground floor, and wheelchair accessible!) Local activists are inviting people to attend a very informal pre-meeting to learn more about the issues and to meet like-minded folks. It’s at the Waterhouse Pub, 67-71 Princess St, from 9am.
As well as Steady State, there are other green issues on the agenda;
- Download the Agenda (Download Agenda. 31.95 KB)
- 5. Manchester’s Economy and Climate Change (verbal report)
- 6. Investing in Green Growth for Greater Manchester (Download Report. 283.5 KB)
- 7. Manchester’s Economy in the Context of Environmental Sustainability Update (Download Report. 48.19 KB)
- 8. SEMMMS A6 to Manchester Airport Relief Road – feedback on the 1st phase of public consultation and Emerging Preferred Scheme – to follow
Hat-tip to the officer in Scrutiny Support who very promptly fixed a broken link on the MCC website so that this agenda and papers were accessible.
Disclaimer: MCFly co-editor Arwa Aburawa is a member of the Steady State Manchester collective.