If you have suggestions for resources, please email email@example.com
If you are willing to be interviewed (via email) about your experience of climate grief and your ways of coping, please get in touch. The interview can be anonymous.
- Active Hope by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone
- Despair and Empowerment in the Nuclear Age by Joanna Macy
- Climate Change Empowerment Handbook, including a section on managing feelings about climate change by Susie Burke
- This interview with Rosemary Randall (a psycho-analyst)
- This interview which just appeared on Manchester Climate Monthly – gaslighting is a thing.
- Pace yourself. Don’t feel guilty about not going to every meeting, every protest. This is a marathon not a sprint
- Don’t overcommit – it sets up cycles of resentment, guilt, self-loathing. Trust me on this.
- Look after each other.
- Being “active” helps. But that does NOT mean going to endless soul-crushing meetings. We as movement organisations have to get WAY better at valuing the contributions of people who knock on doors, who send emails, who proofread things. We need to honour “legitimate peripheral participation” (sorry for the jargon – if anyone has a better phrase, please share it).