From here! Next one is Friday 17th August
Plotting the Future – One Day Courses at Debdale Eco Centre
This introductory course is for anyone who is interested in Organic Gardening. Participants will learn the basics of organic food growing and how to grow fruit and vegetables organically.
The course will cover:
- Getting Started – How to get your area ready for planting
- Your Soil– Understand different types of soil and how to make the most of it for your growing
- Planning your patch– How to encourage biodiversity and sustainability
- Organic Vegetable Growing– From the very basic seed sowing and propogation techniques to more advanced vegetable growing for the trickier vegetables
- Organic Fruit Growing – How to grow fruit in small spaces
- Maintaining and developing your produce– How to look after, harvest, and store your produce
Who is this course for?
We offer tailored versions of this course, that are aimed towards:
- Local residents across Manchester, Stockport and Tameside
- New and prospective allotment holders
- Housing or residents associations
Allotment holders – The allotment course (also known as ‘Plotting for the Future) sessions are primarily for new allotment holders to give them the confidence, skills and knowledge to maintain a sustainable, productive and well kept plot. However, we find that existing plot holders also ask for training which we are more than welcome to provide.
Debdale Eco Centre – Debdale Park, 1075 Hyde Road, Gorton, Manchester M18 7JS
Please see Upcoming Training and Events link at top of page for dates
Free to local residents in Tameside, Stockport and Manchester. Otherwise £20 per person.
To book on, Please complete and return the two forms below to Marva Lashley (Debdale) on the contact details below:
Booking form – download
Equal Opportunities Monitoring form – Download
For more information or to book on, please contact – Marva Lashley – 0161 220 9199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org