if you want to help out with “Steady State Manchester“, please do get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org
All ideas, critiques, suggestions about Manchester Climate Monthly also very welcome!
Arwa Aburawa and Marc Hudson
Coming up this week
Tues 14th, 6.45pm
This month Manchester Friends of the Earth’s full group meeting will be held outdoors – and will see Dave Barlow(Manchester City Council’s Biodiversity officer) take us on an urban bee walk.
Meet at 6.45pm at the Green Fish Resource Centre on Oldham Street (next to Mint Lounge) to join them on this fascinating tour of the Northern Quarter and City Centre’s biodiversity hotspots.
Meet at Green Fish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham Street, Manchester M4 1LE
Stories you may have missed on the MCFly website
- Event report: Tyndall seminar – when will we stop pretending?
- Invited and dis-invited in 36 hours: MCFly and the Steering Group
- “Consuming our future”: Interview with Dr Ruth Wood of Tyndall #Manchester
- Event Report: ‘share something interesting in five minutes’ #smc_mcr
- Volunteer opportunities: Land Army events in August
- Interview with Todd Holden, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Manchester Climate Monthly #8, August 2012 out now!
Lessons we like to pretend we have learnt
Procrastination is “a habit you develop to cope with anxiety about starting or completing a task. It is your attempted solution to cope with tasks that are boring or overwhelming.” (quoting this guy)
Reading the Manchester web
From Sustainable Housing blog- “how to make green beer”
Things worth reading
United States says goodbye to “two degrees” target
meanwhile, the Observer reports
Rate of arctic summer sea ice loss is 50% higher than predicted