The People’s Environmental Scrutiny Team is throwing together another report.
Who is in this team? Er, you and your friends, and friends you’ve not yet met.
As long as you’re someone who thinks climate change is a real (big) problem, and wants to see Manchester getting ready, then you can get your thinking cap on…
We’ve mapped out a structure for the report below. What’s missing? What’s not needed? What answers/thoughts do you have for any of the sections? Email firstname.lastname@example.org…
Structure for the 12 Page Report
Illustration (Marc Roberts)
-Contents / Executive Summary 1 page
-Why is this needed (1 para 2 max) – (We are halfway through the 10 year period of the Climate Change Action Plan)
(-//Separate very brief section on “what is climate change”)
-What is a culture?
– Is low carbon enough – how low can you go, do you need to go – (quantifying)
– Hannah Knox’s Interview from MCFly
– How do you measure culture?
– Why hasn’t low carbon been defined?1) Contradicts economic growth2) Airport 3) Difficult to measure, which makes bureaucrats/politicians nervous 4) fear of accusation of “nanny state”/”social engineering”
People’s Responses to the question “what is a low carbon culture and how do we get it” (middle two pages)
What is to be done?
– If we want a low carbon culture, what does a) the council need to do b) environmentalists c) academics (SMART goals)
– in the next 6-12 months- In the next 1-2 years
– Invite to the meeting on Mon 17th November at Friends Meeting House