Positions in Manchester (or potentially remote within Europe) and Brussels:
Associate Campaigner Operations Manager, Development and Policy Coordinator.
ZWE’s Associate Campaigner will:
- Assist and work alongside the Associate Director with daily work of the organization, including administrative, financial, logistics, and communication tasks.
- Monitor EU policy developments relevant to waste management, circular economy and climate change topics and contribute to the strategic planning of ZWE.
- Support and liaise with the membership of ZWE in the accomplishment of the strategic goals of the network.
- Support the organization and potentially be the lead organizer for specific campaigning events & ZWE network activities, such as trainings or strategy meetings (online and in person).
- Curate website, monthly newsletter, and social media platforms with appropriate content that moves issues forward and reaches target audiences.
- Maintain ZWE’s blog at zerowasteeurope.eu, write original blog posts, and work with blog contributors to meet deadlines and ensure high-quality posts.
- Actively participate in the discussions and implementation of the communication strategy of the organization.
The Associate Campaigner will also participate in ZWE’s and GAIA’s international list serves, campaigns, and strategy-setting conversations that support global alliance building.
- Experience with local organizing, facilitation and campaigning – preferably international.
- Strong research and information gathering skills with resourcefulness in strategic planning.
- Familiarity with EU and national environmental policy.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in -at least- English.
- Experience with administrative processes.
- Passion and commitment to ZWE’s mission and core values.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people from different cultures and nationalities in a way that facilitates conflict resolution and values community wisdom.
- Highly computer literate, and comfortable with new media technologies.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills. Good listener.
- Self motivated, focused, and organized.
- Knowledgeable in the field of resource & waste management, climate or environmental justice;
- Good communication skills in one or more regional languages other than English. Particularly French, Spanish or Asian languages will be a plus;
- Able to successfully run a project from conception to completion;
- Curious and willing to learn and get inspired by other fields of work and grow in the organisation.
LOCATION, COMPENSATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position will be preferably based in Manchester (UK) but it could also be based remotely in Europe under special circumstances.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, including health insurance, vacation, maternity/paternity leave, and other similar employment protections. Salary will be negotiated according to local standards and experience.
We take pride in our ability to support one another’s work in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, and look forward to introducing the successful candidate to our welcoming and highly motivated team and members.
We are seeking candidates who are excited to make an initial commitment of at least one year to this work. Willingness to travel internationally with frequency is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
ZWE is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job.
Please send your CV, motivation letter, two writing samples and two reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
This position will be open until filled. Screening and interviews will begin as soon as received.