From press release:
Something amazing is happening right on our doorstep…and it’s called Community Energy GM (CEGM)
18 of our local community organisations in Greater Manchester – youth clubs, community gardens, disability charities and furniture recycling centres to name a few – are working together to fundraise for their own solar roofs.
This is all part of their plan to make a future for themselves and guarantee that they’ll still be supporting our communities in years to come. I think we’ve all felt the pinch over the last few years but these panels will provide them with some extra resource to ensure they can continue doing the work they do. The work that makes Greater Manchester the wonderful place it is!
To make it happen though they need to raise £3,000 each. A challenge, yes. So, let’s make it easier for them! Can you help us support them by doing one or more of the following actions:
- Spread the word on social media. You can either retweet this post or share one of the drafts below on Twitter or Facebook.
- Do you have a newsletter, mailout or blog going out in the next few weeks that could feature CEGM?We have images saved here for use and can easily put together some text too. Just let us know on 0207 388 6688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate – can you spare £5 to kick start their fundraising? Donate here – www.cegm.org.uk.
- Do you know anyone else in Manchester that may want to get involved? Please feel free to forward this email on if so. Anyone is welcome to take part – the more the merrier!
- Any other ways you can help? If you have any other thoughts or suggestions then let us know – a meeting with the CEGM team or a suggested event or venue, we’d love to hear from you on email@example.com
The groups are going to be investing the £3,000 they raise into a larger co-owned solar roof through a community benefit society (bencom). Later in the year, you’ll be able to invest too. Fancy it? Register your interest firstname.lastname@example.org
For now though, let’s start them on their journey with a bang. We’ll keep you updated but in the meantime you can check their progress at cegm.org.uk.
Thanks so much,
Ali Crush, 0161 277 1022, email@example.com