Job opportunity: Friends of the Earth NW Campaigner (Part time) – based in Manchester
Purpose of the Role: The role of Regional Campaigner is central to the ethos and delivery of Friends of the Earth’s campaigns. We work from the local to the global – with our international sister organisations – forming the largest grassroots environmental movement in the world.
As a regional campaigner you will be the eyes and ears of the organisation in North West England, supporting communities on the ground in their campaigning and making our national campaigns regionally and locally relevant. You will be doing this role as part of a job-share and will need to work closely with your job-share partner to organise your work.
Main Responsibilities: Responsible for helping to deliver our major campaigns, in the North West. Currently this role has a major part to play in our fossil-free campaign; supporting communities campaigning against fracking and other fossil fuel extraction.
- Supporting communities who have been impacted by flooding and working with communities and partners in the Greater Manchester area to secure environmental outcomes from the devolved powers being offered to the city region.
- Expected to liaise with local councils, especially to help drive carbon reduction measures, and with local MPs.
- Build relationships with civil society and community campaign groups as well as maintain a network of those opinion formers and decision makers who work in the green sector and/or on sustainability issues.
- Support our local group network in the region on a range of environmental issues.
- As the key point of contact for Friends of the Earth in the North West you will be asked to do local and regional media and also promote our campaigns on social media.