Direct Action Training organised by ‘Groundswell’
For anyone interested in taking direct action. Join this training day to learn:
• Creative ways to take and hold a space
• Your rights when engaging with the police
• Ways of de-escalating tensions when standing your ground
This gentle introduction will help you take action safely and effectively. It’’s particularly good for those wanting to skill up before heading to the action camps against opencast coal in South Wales and Germany this May, as well as anyone interested in using direct action tactics for other social justice campaigns.
The session is free, and being run by trainers from Rising Tide and Green and Black Cross Legal. Please bring your own lunch and a donation towards room hire if you’re able to make one. Everyone is welcome, particularly those who have health concerns or personal responsibilities: we’ll be looking at some of the critical work you can still be involved.
No need to print tickets, no need to use your real name.
- Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM (BST)
- St margarets church – whalley range, Manchester m16 8ae, United Kingdom – View Map