JOB DESCRIPTION: Bridge 5 Mill: Assistant Manager: Building and Events
Working as part of a small team, the Bridge 5 Mill Assistant Events and Building Manager will work across all aspects of our work in the building including; reception, events, office and building management. They will provide great customer service to our office tenants, conference and event customers, and all other building users. They will also assist and deputise for the Building Manager in the running of the building when needed.
Bridge 5 Mill is owned by the Fairfield Environment Trust. A key objective of the post is to contribute to the smooth running and development of the mill as a hub and venue for organisations and groups working towards a sustainable and equitable future for people and planet.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide a friendly and professional reception service at Bridge 5 Mil by;
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere for all guests and tenants and providing great customer service to all building users.
- Taking responsibility for reception according to agreed rotas and procedures when required
- Helping guests, tenants and building users with their enquiries in a professional manner
- Ensuring all tenants, guests and building users comply with agreed procedures and policies
- Managing incoming calls and email enquiries and responding or redirecting as appropriate
- Taking delivery of mail and parcels and ensuring they are directed to the addressee
- Ensuring a clean and tidy workspace
- Supervising the receipt of payments from occasional customers and tenants
- Understand the importance of data protection and maintain standards of best practice in this area.
To Assist the Building Manager and team at Bridge 5 Mill in running events in the building by;
- Responding to all event and room hire enquires (web, email, telephone and walk-ins) in a timely and professional manner
- Drawing up tailored quotes to event requirements as received
- Updating the booking system in a timely manner and ensuring all enquiries, bookings and cancellations are recorded correctly in the online booking system and supporting documents
- Giving prospective event organisers guided tours of the building and advising on set-up and equipment available. Promoting the use of Bridge 5 Mill and doing their best to secure the hire booking
- Explaining our sustainable policies and how they relate to events to all event hire customers
- Liaising with event organisers on their requirements prior to date of their event and sending and receiving relevant documentation prior to the event including; room booking form, health and safety & risk assessment documents, travel and parking information, event hire Terms & Conditions.
- Supervising the running of events on the day and ensuring a smooth, efficient and successful event for organisers and attendees
- Preparing the room; ensuring rooms are correctly set out, clean, tidy and looking their best. At the end of the bookings, clear, tidy the room, put equipment away and where necessary set up for the next booking.
- Ordering and setting up outside catering and in-house refreshments to ensure they are presented tidily and attractively
- Setting up any IT equipment required, and checking that it properly functions before room users arrive. Showing room users how to use the equipment, and supporting them appropriately.
- Ensuring appropriate behaviour whilst in the building and its grounds, inform the Building Manager if you feel inappropriate behaviour is taking place or Bridge 5 Mill policies are being contravened.
To support the Building Manager and Marketing Assistant with marketing and publicity and the promotion of Bridge 5 Mill across social media, including; Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and Instagram (and other platforms that may be suitable in the future) by:
- Generating content (photos, text and video) for use in publicity material and on social media
- Ensuring the content of Bridge 5 Mill marketing and publicity and social media activity promotes Bridge 5 Mill as a unique, professional and inspiring events and office venue
- Ensuring all content is in line with Bridge 5 Mill and Fairfield Environment Trust policies (including; FET aims and objectives and Bridge 5 Mill equalities and sustainable procurement policies)
- Distributing publicity, posters and flyers for Bridge 5 Mill and organised or co-promoted events
- Working with hire customers of Bridge 5 Mill, tenants, partner organisations and individuals to promote their events and projects across social media, where agreed and appropriate and in support of the aims and objectives of Bridge 5 Mill (in conjunction with the Social Media Manager)
- Circulating and liking/re-tweeting/sharing other like-minded organisations events and news items where they support the aims and objectives of Bridge 5 Mill
To Assist the Building Manager in the day-to-day running of Bridge 5 Mill by:
- Bringing any questions or problems from tenants and other users to the notice of the Building Manager in a timely manner
- Dealing with these where appropriate and possible
- Working in a manner that ensures policies and procedures of Bridge 5 Mill and the Fairfield Environment Trust are implemented
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of tenants and other users at all times while in the building and garden
- Working to ensure that the income from tenants and occasional hirers is maximised
- Opening and closing the building according to agreed rotas and security procedures
- Use of security equipment to carry out all security procedures when required (including; opening and closing the building and setting alarms)
- Assisting with the timely upkeep of record keeping and other admin tasks including; general office admin, filing, dealing with mail, maintaining in-house data bases (such as; event enquiries, visitor statistics, feedback responses) and producing information signs for the building.)
- Performing day-to-day tasks when needed to keep the building clean and tidy and functioning well
- Taking responsibility for the ordering of equipment and consumables where directed by the building manager; for example ordering for the tenants tuck shop stock and for event refreshments
- Liaising with external suppliers and contractors in the absence of the Building Manager
- Supervising the regular and occasional cleaning of Bridge 5 Mill and its facilities when required
- Overseeing the collection of recycling and waste.
- Fire Marshall cover: use of emergency equipment and to carry out emergency procedures when required (training from a recognised provider will be provided)
- Emergency First Aid cover (First Aid training from a recognised provider will be provided)
- To deputise for the Building Manager on their days off and annual leave.
- Ensuring that the building complies to Health and Safety legislation when Building Manager is not on site.
- Bridge 5 Mill staff are required to undertake work outside their current role description as necessary to meet organisational needs.
- At times the holder of this role will work alone in line with our lone worker policy.
- Friendly and outgoing
- Able to use own initiative, think under pressure and react to situations in a calm and professional manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage a number of different tasks simultaneously
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt when plans and requirements change
- Excellent phone manner
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Literate and numerate
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
- ICT and social media skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- Good leadership skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Self-motivated and ability to work under own initiative
- A good team-playing mentality
- Can use Microsoft office; word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint.
- Part of this role will involve setting up rooms for events so it is essential that the candidate is able to lift furniture
- An understanding of, and interest in, sustainability and how this may influence how we manage the building is desired but not essential as on-the-job training will be given.
Standard hours are 28.5 hours a week over three days.
Plus overtime covering staff leave and the potential for up to 15 weekend days covering events throughout the year.
Normal working days are expected to be Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but this may be subject to change occasionally due to the demands of the building with some overtime possible during busy events periods.
Fixed term contract for one year.
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (pro rata)
You will be enrolled into the organisations pension scheme.
This position is line managed by, and reports to, the Bridge 5 Mill Manager.
A performance appraisal will be conducted every three months.
Three month probationary period
£17, 550 – £19,305 (pro rata 28.5 hours a week, based on the Living Wage)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Michelle Lanaway, Building Manager via email at: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Sunday 1 December 23.59
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 11 & Thursday 12 December 2019