please try to get along to the Full Council meeting of Manchester City Council this Wednesday (10am, the Great Hall, Manchester Town Hall, Albert Square) to see Professor Kevin Anderson talk about climate change. You can also lobby your councillors too. There are worthwhile actions to take even if you can’t get along. For more details, see here .
All best wishes, and as ever, if you want to get involved in Manchester Climate Monthly, drop us an email at email@example.com
Arwa Aburawa and Marc Hudson
Coming up this week
Tues 29th, 8am “Evil Energies?” Breakfast at Rylands Sustainability, coffee, discussion.
Tues 29th – 7pm Sustainable Fashion Clothes Swap Party Manchester Women’s Institute
Swap an unloved good quality piece of ladies clothing (on hanger please), piece of costume jewellery, handbag or a pair of shoes (max 3 each items to swap)
‘One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure!’
With special guests including eco-friendly fashion designers and budget busting personal stylists.
Tuesday 29th , 7.00–9.00pm — and the same time each following Tuesday — Manchester Green Party and Manchester Young Greens members, friends and supporters meet at Kro Bar, 325 Oxford Road (opposite the University of Manchester students union building). There’s no agenda — just meet, talk, share information & ideas.
Stories you may have missed on the MCFly website
- Repost: A tale of two cities- Alexandra Park, biophilia and #Manchester City Council
- Mersey Valley’s Warden Service Facing The Axe?
- “Lobbying #Manchester council about #climate. MCFly reader shows the way.
- URGENT REQUEST: MCFly readers to publicise/attend #climate meeting on Weds Jan 30, and lobby #Manchester councillors before and after
- Newsflash: Professor Kevin Anderson scheduled to address #Manchester City Council on #climate change, Weds 30th Jan
- Upcoming Event: “Introduction to Food Foraging” Thurs 7th Feb, #Manchester Art Gallery, £6
- PMT #4: Tell us your experiences of meetings, positive and negative… for #Manchester #climate #movement-building
- “If a tree falls in a park”; Alexandra Park, #Manchester City Council and changes – political, cultural & #climate
- Manchester’s Climate Vulnerable – An Interview with Atiha Chaudry
- Newsflash: @SirRichardLeese answers questions on #Manchester #climate #adaptation
- Scientific* study predicts 2016 #Manchester #climate conference will be 10 minutes long, in a pub
- Upcoming Event: “Evil Energies” Jan 29th, 8am at John Rylands #Manchester #climate
Why airport passenger duty is a Bad Thing. No, really. *Sigh*
Envirolution (Disclaimer – MCFly has been invited to run the discussion section) has a new “Great Art Installation” challenge in the lead up to its next event (May 2013).
The Council seems hell-bent on cutting down trees in Alexandra Park…
AfSL gives a shout out to a Fallowfield Secret Garden volunteer.
Boris Johnson starts doubting the existence of climate change, which is what anyone wanting to lead the Conservative Party would have to do, isn’t it?
Economist Nick Stern admits he boo-booed – things are far worse than he thought in his 2007 Review. So it goes.
Obama said some fine words in his inauguration address. Polar bears applauded and the icecaps decided to re-freeze in appreciation.
Things to read while the algae grows on your fur
6 Economic Steps to a Better Life and Real Prosperity for All