we hope you can make it along to “Exchange for Change” on Saturday 27th April from 1pm to 5pm. It’s an opportunity to share your skills and knowledge, meet other people who want to make Manchester a greener and fairer place, and perhaps get involved in some other projects! It’s free (we will be asking for donations).
More to follow…
Also, we have got the details of our short story contest all sorted. Two thousand words (in English) on the subject “Manchester (UK) in a warmer world.”
Arwa Aburawa and Marc Hudson
Coming up this week
Tues 16th, 8am to 9.30am Breakfast at Rylands: The Consumer is Dead
Tues 16th, 4pm to 6.30pm Moss Side and Hulme Environmental Workshop
Calling all organisations in Moss Side and Hulme with an interest in the environment!
You are invited to attend a free workshop to find out about other projects and organisations nearby, explore how we can support more environmental projects in the area, and join in cross-sector networking and collaboration. You will also have opportunity to input into the Central Manchester Strategic Regeneration Framework that is being refreshed and sets priorities for this part of the city, so don’t miss out!
The workshop is being arranged by Manchester City Council with input from local organisations and speakers including the Manchester – A Certain Future Steering Group, Carbon Co-op and Moss Cider.
Venue: The Studio at the Z-arts centre, 335 Stretford Road, Hulme. Directions: http://www.z-arts.org/about-us/getting-here/
Reserve your place by contacting James on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 234 1870
Friday 19th, 6pm to 9pm Launch of “Ecohome” project at Madlab
Friday 19th, 7.30pm – 2am Envirolution fundraiser Night & Day Cafe, Oldham Street, Manchester City Centre
A fundraiser extravaganza in the Night and Day Café in the city centre. Headlining are China Rats who are returning to Manchester for another Envirolution fundraiser after making it big on Radio 1, SXSW and at Benicassim and South by South West Festival!
Matthew Gray who played at Festival No. 6 in 2012 and was featured on BBC Radio 6 will be joining us as well, and we will have also have music from Gavatron and Sam Hain & The Bloodflames. Then our favourite DJs will be playing us in to the night: DJ Pkeeva, Frog Charmer, Time Burglars and Taylor!
Tickets are £5 in advance (contact us via Facebook) and £7 on the door.
Stories you may have missed on the MCFly website
- Cartoon: Graphs and equations, equations and graphs
- Polar Bear facepalm: North Sea Oil report in the Financial Times
- Upcoming Event: “I love the Arctic” – #Manchester Sat 20th April
- MCFly co-editors in “Applying For Steering Group Chair role” shocker #Manchester #climate #acretinfuture
- Southway Housing Trust “fun and feedback” days #Manchester (south!) #climate
- Volunteer Opportunity: Help grow #organic food 4 #Manchester Weds 17 April
- Job(s) Alert: Press & Publicity Worker and Finance Worker Kindling Trust #Manchester
- #Manchester and Earth Hour? City Council does its bit
- #Manchester City Council; #carbon budgets to continue #climate