The next Manchester Climate Monthly comes out on Monday July 1st. So you just have 4 days to get us all your news for that edition. Don’t delay, spam email@example.com today!
Also, with the departure of MCFly co-editor Arwa Aburawa for wealthier climes (London), volunteering for MCFly becomes even more attractive (everyone knows she was the bad cop in the good cop/bad cop dyad, no?) firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Wanna flex your creative muscles, and maybe win £200? Here’s the details of our short story contest all sorted. Two thousand words (in English) on the subject “Manchester (UK) in a warmer world.”
Coming up this week
Thursday 27th June 10.30-5pm, Seminar 2 – Community Building Retrofit – investing in large scale energy efficiency
Bridge 5 Mill, 22a Beswick Street, Ancoats, Manchester
- Do you run or own a community building such as a Community Hub or Church Hall?
- Is the building cold and under-heated yet utility bills skyrocketing?
- Would you like to invest in energy efficiency but don’t know where to start
Carbon Co-op is delivering a free seminar on community building retrofit. This seminar is for organisations that wish to make investments in their building to achieve large savings in energy bills and carbon emissions. We will go way beyond measures such as changing light bulbs or turning computer monitors to standby.
- Assessments: understanding energy usage and creating an action plan
- Heating systems eg biomass boilers, solar hot water
- Installing energy generation eg solar panels
- Case studies from organisations who have delivered successful community building retrofit projects
- Finance options
- Featuring advice on retrofit from award winning consultants URBED
- Marianne Heaslip, URBED
- Frank McGrath, Riversmeet, Cockermouth
- TBC: Cumbria Action for Sustainability
To book: the seminar is open to any community organisation but those who own or run community buildings in Greater Manchester will be prioritised. Complete and return this application form to email@example.com to attend.
Thurs 27th June, 6pm “Fuelling Manchester,” Manchester City Centre.
Stories you may have missed on the MCFly website
- Cross Post: “Oxford Road Consultation – Respond Now!” #cycling #consultation #manchester #tfgm
- Airports Commission Public Evidence Session #Manchester Tues 9th July
- #FoIAFriday 001; Effectiveness of £250,000 spend. #Manchester #climate #mcc
- Upcoming Event: Fuelling #Manchester #10 Thurs 27th June
- Oxford Road – Time to go Dutch! #cylcing #consultation #Manchester
- Monthly Journal Overview June 2013 #Manchester #climate
- Cartoon: Pentagon plans for mass dissent, #pentagon, #police state, #climate change
- Event Report: North West Sustainable Business Quarterly, June 2013
- Stockport event: “Reducing Household Energy: Together We Can!” Sat 22nd June #climate #energy
- Crosspost: “Mapping Results” growing #food in #Trafford #kindling #technology #opendata #manchester
- Greater #Manchester “Strategy” #consultation #rant
- #Manchester City Council Consultation report – extra questions…. #scrutiny
- Video: #Manchester City Council finance #scrutiny committee #consultation
Stuff to read if you think you’re too happy
Six extensive adaptation plans. Manchester not among them?!
Ally Fogg, who has a minor gig with Kindling Trust, on a “How a Manchester co-op is getting the food revolution going”