The latest (July) Manchester Climate Monthly is out now!!!
Wanna flex your creative muscles, and maybe win £200? Here’s the details of our short story contest all sorted. Two thousand words (in English) on the subject “Manchester (UK) in a warmer world.”
Coming up this week
Tues 9th, 9.15 – 11.00 Airports Commission hearings in Manchester at Manchester Town Hall, but you have to book!
Tues 9th , 2-4pm – networking lunch from 1:00pm Ageing and Energy Consumption: Rethinking Policy and Practice from Research
MICRA (Manchester Interdisciplinary Centre for Research on Ageing) /MARC (Manchester Architecture Research Centre) Joint Seminar
Venue: G306A and B Jean McFarlane Building, University of Manchester (no.92 on the campus map)
Professor Andrew Dobson (Politics, Keele University) – Making energy discussable: the role of community knowledge networks
Dr Rosie Day (Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham) – Older age and energy justice
Dr Alan Lewis (Architecture, University of Manchester) – Thermal Comfort and Sustainable Technologies in Extra-Care Housing
Discussant: Professor James Goodwin (Head of Research Age UK and Visiting Professor at Loughborough University)
Chair: Professor Chris Phillipson
Tues 9th, 6.45pm to 9pm Manchester Friends of the Earth Full Group Meeting, Greenfish Resource Centre, Oldham St. http://manchesterfoe.org.uk/
Wed 10th, 7pm to 9pm: Manchester Friends of the Earth climate campaign meeting
At this month’s climate campaign meeting (which is on a Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday), we’ll be continuing to develop our plans for a new campaign aimed at improving the energy efficiency of rented homes. If you’d like to join us, please contact Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07786 090520) so we know to expect you.
Green Fish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham Street, Manchester, M4 1LE
Stories you may have missed on the MCFly website
- Upcoming Event: “Carbon Literacy for Businesses” Tues 16th July, 8am #Manchester
- Anti-capitalists! Your chance to cause businesspeople pain and help the oppressed!
- Interview: Professor Tony Travers (LSE) on local democracy, #climate #lgaconf13
- Exclusive: Interview with Sir Merrick Cockell, Local Gov Assoc chair #lgaconf13 @LGAcomms
- Video: #Manchester Council Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee; #climate Tue 16 July #beyondthecarbonbudget
- Volunteer opportunities with @EMERGERecycling and FareShare #interview #lucydanger
- Grow #organic food for #Manchester – July dates of “Land Army”
- Appeal: Volunteer to make #beyondthecarbonbudget a big success #manchester #climate