Community Energy Manager
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- There are many challenges ahead for the energy industry, so a vital part of our job at Electricity North West is planning for tomorrow. We’re always developing new ways to adapt to the changing world and deliver a brighter, more sustainable future. This includes ensuring that our workforce is equipped with the skills required to maintain and evolve our networks into the future.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Community Energy Manager to join Electricity North West’s Central Services team focusing on leading stakeholder engagement for community energy activities and being responsible for representing the company on national development bodies.
Community Energy is a rapidly developing area where customers collaborate at a local level to share energy resources, collectively procure and sell energy and act as market participants. As our customers begin to adopt similar approaches, we need to proactively engage with local groups to offer a variety of technical and commercial support services.
Please email email@example.com for a full role profile
As the Community Energy Manager you will be accountable for the cross business development and delivery of first class customer service in the provision of service to community and local energy groups. In addition, you will lead the businesses engagement with community and local energy organisations to meet the particular needs of the stakeholder community.
In return we will offer you a competitive starting salary per annum, company car or cash allowance and a competitive benefits package including; bonus earning potential of up to 10.5% of your base salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of a defined contributions pension scheme with company contributions of up to 14% of base salary, private healthcare membership and a range of flexible benefits.
- Maintain and support the standards of Health and Safety as agreed across ENWL;
- Delivering a Community and Local Energy Strategy which outlines an effective delivery model and processes that provide a customer focussed experience for all community energy groups;
- Respond to community / localised energy generation and distribution interest groups and act as single point of contact for the Electricity North West business;
- Accountable for the delivery of customer service standards and drive continuous improvement to exceed the customers’ expectations;
- Accountable for driving improvements in the speed of service by seeking out opportunities to simplify existing processes and working practices;
- Ensure our services and charges are easy to understand and accessible to community and local energy customers through their preferred channels;
- Ensure communicating the importance of data quality and compliance to the wider team.
You will also:
- Be educated to degree level (desirable)
- Have proven experience of stakeholder engagement ideally within the energy sector;
- Excel in all communication channels that are easily accessible to customers;
- Have experience of improving customer satisfaction and managing expectations;
- Be proficient in IT including Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
This appointment will be on standard Electricity North West terms and conditions of employment.
The closing date for submission of an application is Friday 7 July 2017; however we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.
- Required Experience
- Job Location
- Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Position Type