So, we got hold of this below, an email sent to various worthies by Manchester City Council. We’ve high-lighted the relevant bit. Polish your CVs folks, those long-promised (and then disavowed/denied) elections may only be weeks (or months, or years) away…
“As you may be aware the MACF Steering Group is currently supported by Groundwork who provide secretarial and project support. This support is procured and funded on behalf of the Steering Group by the City Council, for the period 1st July to 30th June.
The current contract comes to an end on 30th June 2013 and we will shortly be issuing an invitation to tender for the period 1st July 2013 to 30th June 2014. The ITT will be issued to the Green Leaders only so this email is to a) let you know that the formal invitation will be sent to you next week, b) if you are interested you will need to register on the CHEST (instructions to follow), and c) to let you know that a briefing session will be arranged before the tender deadline, date TBC.
The roles and responsibilities for the position will include:
- Clerking Steering Group meetings (5 per year),
- Producing the 2013/14 Forward Plan of meetings,
- Providing support to the Governance and Funding, and Communications sub groups,
- Organising the MACF Annual Conference in March 2014 (including securing funding/sponsorship),
- Managing the 2013/14 Steering Group election process
- Maintain and update the MACF website
- Maintain the events and conferences forward plan
- Secure funding to support the activities of the Steering Group,
- Maintain and develop the MACF mailing list.